Sunday, June 20, 2010
So how are you doing in your challenge? Have you checked out the new community website yet? Christian Historical Fiction @ CreativeMadnessMama.com I just redid some things and I think it looks so much better!! Head on over and let me know what you think.
As far as I know here we have about 32 people signed up to participate in the challenge (although anyone can join at any time). For my first challenge, I think that's a great number, but hopefully there will be more people in the future. I love reading historicals and I'll bet there are other people out there that are fulfilling the challenge without even realizing it. I know that some people have already completed the challenge, including myself...
Here's my read list so far:
- The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen
- Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot
- Scattered Petals by Amanda Cabot
- Winter's Awakening by Shelley Shepard Gray (Amish)
- The Edge of Light by Ann Shorey
- The Promise of Morning by Ann Shorey
- The Raven Saint by M.L. Tyndall
- A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin
- Here Burns My Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs
- A Kiss for Cade by Lori Copeland
- One True Love by Lori Copeland
- Three Times Blessed by Lori Copeland
- A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
- Wildflower Bride by Mary Connealy
- The Rose Legacy (reprint) by Kristen Heitzmann
- Liberty's Promise (omnibus) by Amber Miller Stockton
- Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico by Lena Nelson Dooley
- Love Finds You in Bridal Veil, Oregon by Miralee Ferrell
- Love on a Dime by Cara Lynn James
- Ransome's Crossing by Kaye Dacus
- She Walks in Beauty by Siri Mitchell
- The Courteous Cad by Catherine Palmer
- The Duke's Redemption by Carla Capshaw
- A Lady Like Sarah by Margaret Brownley
- The Anonymous Bride by Vickie McDonough
- Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers
- When the Heavens Fall by Gilbert Morris
- This Fine Life by Eva Marie Everson
- Becoming Lucy* by Martha Rogers
- Faithful Heart* by Al Lacy
- Maid to Match* by Deeanne Gist
- A Love of Her Own* by Maggie Brendan
- Touching the Clouds* by Bonnie Leon
- A Woman Called Sage* by DiAnn Mills
You can find all of my reviews on goodreads and at CreativeMadnessMama.com
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
It's official, I've moved our group from ning over to my domain. Come on and check it out. I think there is a lot of potential here for our group. :) http://chf.creativemadnessmama.com That's "CHF" for Christian Historical Fiction in case you're wondering. :)
Monday, April 26, 2010
1. The goal is to read and promote Christian Historical Fiction by reading at least 24 titles. That is two per month, but anyone who wants to commit to more or less is welcome to join in on the fun. Anyone can join. You do not need a blog to participate. I have started a CHF Ning to promote discussions as well.
2. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, and other formats are all allowed. As long as the book can by purchased it counts.
3. Feel free to list a proposed lists of TBR (to-be-reads) but you can also list them as you go.
4. Duplicates from other reading challenges can also count.
5. Challenge begins January 3rd through December 31st. Books started before count. *wink*
Sign up here!!
*Edited to add* The linkies I put up stopped working, so now I've added MckLinky instead sorry for the confusion!!
Posted by CherryBlossomMJ at 4:00 PM